Duration: 3 Days
Includes: Digital course material; Live training via Zoom by a Programme Facilitator
Target Audience: Employees who are required to write reports in their function
- Why reports are expected to conform to structural, punctuation and formatting conventions.
- Explain the importance of identifying your readers and their needs.
- Identify how much detail your readers need and will understand.
- Provide information to diverse groups of readers with different needs.
- Create a who-needs-what table to organise your writing and to generate an outline.
- Structure and present your report professionally.
- Write an executive summary that conveys all the essential information and encourages readers to read the rest of your report.
- Write a background section that provides the necessary context for your readers.
- Write effective conclusions and recommendations.
- Use bulleted and numbered lists effectively.
- Correctly and consistently use essential punctuation, capitalisation and abbreviation. (For a more detailed coverage of these topics
- Editing and Proofreading
Learning and Assessment Methodology:
- Pre-reading material
- Self Assessments
- Group discussions
- Case Studies
- Action planning sheet
- Learning Diary
Please note maximum group size is 15, after which delegates will be split into multiple groups.
If your number of delegates exceeds 15, please contact us for discounts and preferential pricing.
Multiday Business Programmes can be condensed to suit your budget. Please contact us for more information.