Duration: 2 Days
Includes: Digital course material; Live training via Zoom by a Programme Facilitator
Target Audience: Managers who are required to develop organizational and department strategies
- Strategy at corporate and business unit levels,
- Application of various analytical frameworks used in arriving at the choices (decisions) involved in defining enterprise and business strategy
- Dynamic nature of relationship between corporate, business unit and functional priorities,
- Skills in applying analytical processes in strategy formulation in real situations,
- Sensitivity to the role of leadership in strategy
- Analysing critical issues in strategy implementation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader business principles within the context of the macro, industry and micro environments within which the business operates
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of competitive advantage, entrepreneurship, innovation and creativity
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of business strategy
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational principles including vision and mission statement, organizational DNA, culture and values, organizational image and branding
- Communicate a business strategy to a business unit
- Draft a detailed action plan for developing and communicating a business strategy to their team or business unit within the organisation.
Learning and Assessment Methodology:
- Pre-reading material
- Self Assessments
- Group discussions
- Case Studies
- Action planning sheet
- Learning Diary
Please note maximum group size is 15, after which delegates will be split into multiple groups.
If your number of delegates exceeds 15, please contact us for discounts and preferential pricing.
Multiday Business Programmes can be condensed to suit your budget. Please contact us for more information.